Recommendations exist in the form of nutrient based standards for the amount of energy and nutrients and some foods that should be provided for children aged under 5 who receive meals and snacks in child care.
What Our Menus Do
- Celebrate and raise awareness of diversity
- Celebrate our own culture and promote understanding of others
- Meet curriculum requirements
- Enrich children’s experiences
- Encourage and enable children to try new foods
- Encourage parents to become more involved by sharing recipes
Weaning is the process of introducing solid foods to a baby's diet, in addition to his or her milk feeds.